Browse Items (245 total)

Sort by Title [A-Z] | [Z-A]

(handwritten on back of image): Christchurch Dublin (stamp on back from The Green Studio Ltd., 118 St. Stephen's Green West, Dublin 2, Ref. No FO/72C)

(handwritten on back of images): 76.72/76.89, Dublin: Christchurch, W. side of third arch from crossing on N. side of nave/E. side of third arch from crossing on N. side of nave

(handwritten on back of image): 76.86, Dublin: Christchurch, N. arcade of nave, second pier from crossing, N. (aisle) side (multiple images on file)

(handwritten on back of image): 33./Dublin, Co. Dublin: Christchurch Cathedral: remains of Gothic chapter house from the West (c. 12 ft. away from W. end.) July 30, 1937 (camera tilted down a very little)

Our Lady of Dublin: Carved from Irish oak, this Virgin and Child group dates from the fifteenth century and has been attributed to Durer. Originally it was in St. Mary's Abbey and when the Abbey was suppressed and plundered in 1540 the back of the statue received some burns. It was saved and concealed from further damage by being buried head…

(handwritten on back of image): 69.30, Sketches in scrapbooks, probably by Westropp (now in Royal Irish Academy or Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland) (multiple images on file)

(handwritten on back of image): 69.28, Sketches in scrapbooks, probably by Westropp (now in Royal Irish Academy or Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland) (multiple images on file)

(handwritten on back of image): 69.34, Sketches in scrapbooks, probably by Westropp (now in Royal Irish Academy or Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland) (multiple images on file)

Door jamb, arch and hood of the detatched castle chapel. Jamb and arch moulding from intrados comprise: hollow chamfer, right-angled rebate, quadrant. The hood, which is placed at some distance from the jamb, comprises from outside in: frontal fillet, hollow chamfer, right-angled rebate, hollow chamfer.

Window fragment. Moulding comprises: frontal fillet flanked at either side by a roll, and larger roll. This looks like a fragment of the windows in the south wall of the Portlester Chapel.

(handwritten on back of image): 75.4, Dublin: St. Audoen's Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Portlester chapel) from St. Ann's chapel, S. side of the church (multiple images on file)

(handwritten on back of image): 75.2, Dublin: St. Audoen's, niche in S. wall of S. 'nave' (chapel of St. Ann) (multiple images on file)

My Gothic Past Login | Register

© 2022 Trinity College Dublin